Farm of Hope
The Farm of Hope is the vision of the United Veterans of Maine.
It is a Veterans educational and training facility designed to address the challenges facing veterans in need. This project should be considered a beginning rather than the end of a journey. UVM is in contact with local and state agencies to gain their assistance in providing the kind of support programs needed to remedy these challenges for future programs in Maine and throughout the country.
We expect that the initial plan will constantly evolve, as methodology is tested and developed. The UVM uses a policy of Continuous Improvement and will modify the program deliverables. As it becomes aware of both lessons learned and new ideas or concepts used elsewhere UVM will consider.
Our goal is to provide Veterans with the skills needed to transition into society to become self sufficient and lead a productive and meaningful life.
- To provide safe housing and proper nutrition to those veterans that have served our nation.
- To show these veterans a way to become self sufficient and provide a pathway to reintegrate into society.
- To provide the veterans with a mission and instill a drive that many of them have lost in order to re-establish their sense of self worth.
- By providing a team concept the veteran will gain a sense of self worth and be able to contribute to their own recovery by working toward a common goal with his fellow veterans in need at our facility.
- To assist our fellow veterans by establishing a working relationship with the local service providers. Currently, letters of cooperation have been signed with Cary Medical Center, Pines Health Services, Aroostook Mental Health Center and Aroostook Agency on Aging.
- To provide a central location for local service providers.
- To provide a stable housing model for our veterans.
- To provide On the Job Training (OJT) and mentorship while residing at the facility.
- Policies and procedures will be in place explaining what is expected, how to be successful and what behavior will result in removal from the facility.
Our Mission is to provide veterans in need with wraparound services, lodging and training for all that have served honorably in the Armed forces of the United States.